Friday 24 March 2017

Meet the team 2: Rosalind Stoddart


After graduating from Camberwell School of Arts and crafts with a BA (Hons) in Painting, I gained a PGCE:AD. Then I spent a few years teaching.

Next I worked full-time as an artist gaining certain recognition including been selected for one of the 1000 residencies across the country awarded by The Arts Council England in 2000.

Also since late 1998 I began to exhibit other artists work in my home. The organisation Fermynwoods Contemporary Art became a formal not-for-profit limited company in 2004, and a Charity in 2008 with myself as Artistic Director.

I have a broad interest in the arts focused on the visual arts. At Fermynwoods we were particularly interested in engaging with the environment (both rural and urban) especially with our Forestry Commission partnership, as well as current agendas in our locality. This was achieved through exhibitions, education programmes, residencies and outreach community projects.

I resigned from my position at Fermynwoods at the end of 2009 and I am now working independently. The main project I am presently involved with is Deep Roots Tall Trees, which I initiated in 2011. DRTT current project is OUR WOODS, a festival of over 40 events celebrating Corby’s wonderful urban woodlands through music, dance, light, the arts, history, woodland management and much more. I am also an observer of the Groundworks Northants board.

www.deeprootstalltrees.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Discovering birdsong

by Warren For the last few weeks I have been finding recordings of the songs of the ten birds online, and doing a lot of listening a...